Tuesday 25 June 2013


The Salt Way, Whitstable, Kent.


Welcome

This blog is to record the remaining two months of my MA in Design, exploring how people connect to place. I have studied for nearly 2 years on a part-time course at UCA in Rochester, Kent. This has allowed me to indulge myself in interests that I have had over many years which at the time seemed independent of each other but now make sense as a whole.

The title of my research paper was 'Place, Projection and Possession' and looked at how people can be encouraged to connect to a certain place and what is needed for them to project a sense of possession onto a place and feel connected to it.
I am now preparing for my MA show in August and would like to share the thrills and tribulations of such a deadline and end to the project.

As the time has passed I now feel that the end of the MA project is just the start of something new and wonderful.

I shall be blogging a couple of times a week to keep up with my thoughts and hopefully retain interest for any readers of these pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment